The $1,000,000 African Entrepreneurship Awards will open its gates to receive applications on the 1st of March, 2018. This year, applications are welcome from innovative ideas and from sport entrepreneurship, which replaces environment and education categories from last year.
Picture source -www.blackmensdossier.com
What is Innovation?
The website of AEA describes Innovation as a key to solving pressing issues and creating value in Africa. It means introducing a new technology, new business model or attempting to solve a problem that’s never been solved before. The Award seeks businesses that innovate to create jobs and improve lives in Africa.
What is Sports entrepreneurship?
Sports and entrepreneurship share many of the same values. Sports Entrepreneurship promotes integrity, perseverance and friendship to unite communities. The Award seeks businesses in the Sports industry that create jobs and improve lives in Africa.
When trying to raise see capital for your business, you must have the proper mindset, and focus your eyes on the opportunities.
Other available funding opportunities in areas like agribusiness, fin-tech, health, manufacturing, services etc include
- Bank of industry graduate entrepreneurship fund (2billion naira)
- Mashro3 amal entrepreneurship program
- $ 5000 tony elumelu foundation entrepreneurship programme for africans 2018
- Aspire small business fund for businesses in Niger Delta
- Mest entrepreneurs in training (eits)
- Sinapis entrepreneurship training
- The Baobab Network Opportunities for African Entrepreneurs
- 2018 Africa Energy Ideas Competition
If your business idea/existing business fits into any of these two categories, now is the time to start preparing your proposal and business plan. We recommend that you join our training this month on Raising Capital will enable you become sufficiently prepared to apply and raise your chances of winning not only this grant, but other investment opportunities.
During the Raising capital training we will focus on the following
- Developing a sustainable growth and revenue model
- How to properly fill out a grant application form
- What investor really want to see in your business
- How to write a winning business plan or proposal
- How to pitch your business in a competition.
To register for raising capital training please fill this form or email firstname.lastname@example.org , send a whatsapp message to 08174396809